Monday, 26 September 2011

Balance

 

Today I’ve decided to do a post that’s a little off the beaten track – although – it’s a subject we could all use.

005 stuffing aroundThis year has been quite a year for me. I have had many highs and lows as many of you have had too. I won’t get into what the issues were because we’ll be here all day then! Lol

I’ll get straight to the point…

 

 

In the long run after very long BBM’s and Emails to an extremely long suffering, wonderful and supportive friend – I decided that I would take her advice and explain clearly for the last time; what I needed; and that I didn’t need extra pressures in my life.

Not everyone understood where I was coming from…

It made people upset with me… and they will probably never understand… as someone said to me “people will never truly understand unless they have been there themselves.”

This past weekend I began to doubt my decision until I watched Julia Roberts in Eat, Pray, Love. The movie really resonated with me.

You can’t hold back on your dreams.

You have to say to yourself – “this is my life” – Everyone is different. We all have our own set of goals and dreams that we wish to be a reality.

You can allow someone else to live their dreams BUT you can’t let them drain you of yours.

You can’t have an overwhelming relationship with one person as it allows your other relationships to suffer.

You can’t make everyone happy. You have to make yourself happy. If you are happy and the people around you sincerely care about you, they will be happy for you.

The saying that people are in your life for a reason, a season or a lifetime rings true… The people no longer in your life now never made it there for a reason and its best to leave those people in the past where they belong. Learn from the issue that put them there – make yourself stronger by it – and move forward.

You have to have balance in your life. Without that balance you make yourself sick – whether it’s too much work or too much play.

When I went to bed last night I had an Oprah “light bulb” moment.
Since applying balance concerning the people in my life I have been far less stressed. I have been able to do what I need to do in the day without the constant anger from being annoyed. I have been able to work on my dreams and goals and you know what - I am happy with my progress – if someone isn’t happy with it – it’s tough…. “It’s my life” and I am deserving of the balance I need. So I shouldn’t doubt my decisions.

I am stronger than what I was before. I still have niggling health and soul issues to work through but I’ll get there - one day at a time.

That may be harsh – but as my good friend said to me “you have to be cruel to be kind.”

1 comment:

  1. I know how you feel and if you haven't read Seat of the Soul by Gary Zukav yet, do so. It helps.

    ReplyDelete