Thursday, 09 June 2011

Update To Yesterday’s Disgusting Advert…


So yesterday was quite a day in the world of those of us who care about animals…
We stood up to a couple of Goliaths and made them see that what they had done was cruel and insensitive.
Read about it here…
Disgusted
255789_160753167324814_100001703948222_372766_1217461_n 
Eventually apologies began to surface as well as little donations towards animal welfare.
An interview aired on 702 which actually made me really angry. The chat was very one-sided and it seemed that the only callers that were aired were those trashing the work of animal activist’s country wide. They were not educated about the real issue at hand…
Then Andy Rice named us his BIG ZERO’s – he said that we “the complainers” had no sense of humour. He also mentioned that there were only 20 or 30 of us complaining…
Go and look yourself at YOU magazine and SHOE City’s Facebook pages and you tell me if only 20 or 30 people were complaining…
I honestly believe that they should have allowed an activist to speak and explain what the meaning of the ad actually was…
For children like my son (aged 10) in his own words the advert is disgusting and sick. He could not understand why cats would and should be run over…
The real issue here is crush video’s… The wording used in the ad directly relate to these disgusting acts. Crushing as described by the founder of stopcrush.org is “STOMPING on ANIMALS for the SEXUAL GRATIFICATION of the viewer.”
Shoe City’s profile picture is this…
162011_184762838740_6773678_s
Which they still hadn’t removed when I checked this morning.
This picture is the kind of pictures depicted on crush sites.
Disgusting don’t you think…
 
People began to come out of the wood work late in the afternoon and in the evening and began to challenge activists and those fighting to stop the ad from being published again.
“oh congratulations you pulled an Ad you did so much…” was one of the comments…
Yes we stood together once again. POSITIVELY… We gained a little donation for our cause and gained some new animal lover friends along the way. Our team is growing… thanks to this ad. I am sure that most of us – if not all of us will boycott the companies involved. I know that I am. I will only check the magazines on Monday and hope that these fat cats have made good on their PR promises…
Another good thing that came out of this for me - I sat last night and wondered why I hadn’t seen the ad as I buy the YOU magazine every week… Then it hit me. I missed out on one copy in May… and that was the copy in which the ad was published. So you could say that I never helped pay for that sick advert…
I appeal to all of you reading this now… share this info… We need people to understand why we were angry.
We can see humour in things…
 248746_206944632674392_131971940171662_519876_2308091_n
but this ad was really in bad taste.
Please comment if you would like to add any more info that I have left out.
Last but not least – thank you to everyone who stood together and had their say. Thank you for standing up for what is RIGHT. I am proud to be a part of the team…

1 comment:

  1. Shoe City have eventually changed their profile pic... To the shoe city logo...

    ReplyDelete